Senior Mine planning engineerYrke: Civilingenjör, produktion, gruv, metallurgi
Arbetsgivare: Boliden Mineral AB, Aitikgruvan
Arbetets ort: Gällivare, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2021-10-31
KvalifikationerArbetslivserfarenhet: Civilingenjör, produktion, gruv, metallurgi
The Mine Technical Service Team in Aitik consist of 20 professional that assists the mining department in Aitik with all engineering and geological support needed to run the operations. The group is divided into smaller teams of Geology, Mine Planning, Drill and Blast, Survey and Projects. The Senior Mine Planning Engineer will overlook all planning horizons for the mine and guide and supervise the engineers and technicians in the planning group.
Key accountabilities as a Senior Mine Planning Engineer will include:
· Overseeing all planning horizons from the 48-hour plan to the life-of-mine plan.
· Supervising a team of 4 personnel, consisting of short-term and long-term planners.
· Optimize value at all planning horizons through strategic, tactical and operational plans.
· Guide and approve all mine designs and scheduling practices.
· Set and refine key mine planning assumptions.
· Provide mine planning technical support to operational staff.
· Maintaining and improving Boliden standards and planning processes.
· Drive continuous improvement in a challenging arctic environment.
· Mentoring and coaching team members.
· Engaging all necessary internal and external stakeholders.
It is important to pursue issues and deliver results on time. It is important that you can work in a group and be a driving force in issues regarding mine planning.
This position is full-time, permanent positions based in Aitik. The starting date is subject to agreement.
Education and other qualifications
You should be a graduate engineer in mining engineering, or the equivalent, with a minimum of 8 years of experience in open pit mining.
You have previous experience in operations, short-term and long-term planning. Skills in using Deswik or equivalent for mine design and scheduling software is an advantage, as is experience from business improvement processes. You have the ability to create high quality mine plans, to effectively communicate planning objectives.
You should be able to express yourself well in both spoken and written in English. If you are proficient in Swedish that is a merit.
Category B driving licence is a requirement.