EHS Lead Specialist NordicsYrke: Säkerhetsrådgivare
Arbetsgivare: GE Energy Sweden AB
Arbetets ort: Piteå, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2021-11-30
Job Description Summary
The EHS Lead Specialist Nordics position provides day-to-day EHS support for service operations on a set of sites within the region. They are the first line contact for the field service engineers as they manage day to day EHS issues in service work, and key advisor and support to local Service Managers. Routine tasks are related to training, inspections, customer interaction around planning and job execution.
Their mission is to:
- Ensure compliance with Laws, Regulations and Procedures
- Support and Drive the achievement of a Zero Harm Culture
- To provide Factual and Effective Communication
- To influence stakeholders
- Keep focus on Strategic and Business Vision
The scope comprises mainly of the site of Markbygden, with occasional support to North Sweden and Finland. The area currently has in the region of 200 turbines with 30 GE Technicians and is currently experiencing a high volume of growth. In addition, during peak activities can be responsible for managing local EHS contractor support, with up to 120 contractors on site.
This role will be the EHS assigned person for the Sweden/ Finland.
- To interpret Laws, Regulations and Procedures, considering all relevant local / national EHS standards in the organization.
- Prepare EHS Documentation for products and processes if needed and review any other documents prepared by other areas to provide EHS assessment.
- Review key processes regularly, like emergency response, simplified working plan, supporting site managers and supervisors at its implementation, and regularly auditing its implementation at site level.
- Ensure compliance and full implementation in all GE EHS processes and EHS reporting systems.
- Support and assist accident/incident investigations, providing training and guidance in investigation and root cause analysis.
- Ensure that all applicable EHS events are reported, classified, investigated and actions for improvement/ correction are created and executed according to GE requirements and applicable governmental regulations.
- Liaise with Contractors/Subcontractors, insurance representatives, local medical services, local fire and police departments, local regulatory agencies, and Customer/Client on EHS related matters.
- Serve as coach, mentor, and trainer for local management team, including site managers and other key leaders in safety, being able to implement continuous improvement initiatives cross-functionally.
- Ensure periodical EHS meetings are held in all levels to involve the organization and, facilitating the preparation and formally recording information, supporting and facilitating the preparation, supporting site managers in its interpretation
- Be the advisor and guide to site managers on deployment of EHS strategy, relevant changes in the regulations, and initiatives to improve performance in EHS.
- Locally or internationally recognized professional EHS qualification, like NEBOSH ICC or ICG
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office, web based tools
- Physical condition and fitness to climb a wind turbine
- Good knowledge and understanding of local rules/regulations framework, interactions between authorities
- Fluent English skills and Swedish (written and spoken)
- Extensive experience in wind field operations and/or EHS, ideally in wind business
- The ability to travel is frequently required
- Technical background in electricity, mechanical, etc.
- Familiar with OSHA (US) regulatory requirements.
- Familiar with ISO 45001, 14001 Certifications framework
- Technical background as a Wind Turbine Technician is a considered an advantage.
- GWO (Global Wind Organization) qualifications (WINDA code).
- Expert level of knowledge in technical EHS specific Knowledges
- Skilled in EHS Risk Assessment, EHS Guidelines and Processes, EHS Audits and Assessments, Regulatory Compliance, Incident Management and Root Cause Analysis and EHS Management System; Process development and optimization, continuous improvement and lean.
- Awareness in Security and Crisis Management
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels and lead and influence change.
- Local training considered as advantage: BAS P/U; SAM, Systematisk ArbetsMiljö; BAM, Bättre ArbetsMiljö