Vice President of Safety [OBS denna annons har utgått]Annons: 25326654
Arbetsgivare: H2GS AB
Arbetets ort: Boden, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2022-01-31
Steel production accounts for 25% of Europe’s industrial CO2 emissions, which is more than the Nordics’ total CO2 emissions, or more than all flights departing from the EU. Decarbonisation is a must for the industry and disruptive technology will be a key enabler. With H2 Green Steel, we’re committed to accelerating change in the industry by eliminating virtually all CO2 emissions from the steel making process.
H2 Green Steel will be a fully integrated, digitalised and automated greenfield steel plant. By bringing together raw materials, renewable energy, leading expertise, and artificial intelligence, we aim to bring emissions down to zero. That’s why we are planning to build a large-scale production site for green steel in collaboration with customers across multiple segments including automotive, commercial vehicle, white goods, furniture, and industrial equipment.
Do you want to contribute to create tremendous environmental impact on the society? If so, you can be our next talented employee. H2 Green Steel is a fast-growing start-up with an exciting journey ahead. We employ talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, please, come join us in this exciting journey.
Vice President of Safety
We are looking for a Vice President of Safety who will be responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating the safety of our personnel, materials, equipment, and environment. As the Vice President of Safety at H2 Green Steel you will get the opportunity to establish and setting up our future safety structure.
- Establish safety plans for the construction project and in the operating workplace according to legal guidelines, and with world-class safety performance as the goal.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a strong culture of health and safety FIRST.
- Develop our Hydrogen standards and communication package
- Evaluate designs, specifications, practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct training and presentations for safety matters and accident prevention
- Build and manage a strong team of safety professionals to align with the construction project and operations needs
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by developing inspection and follow-up procedures to ensure safety standards are being met and work takes place in a safety FIRST environment and culture.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes, avoid repeats, and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
- Fluent in Swedish is mandatory
- Proven experience as head of safety and experience from leading the safety function for similar industries.
- Proven experience in new industrial / manufacturing ventures and companies, where the safety program had to be organized and built from the beginning.
- Deep knowledge of the Steel Industry and extensive knowledge of Hydrogen and it’s safety implications.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines.
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities, being able to communicate with different kinds of stakeholders.
- Energy, drive and being a team-player, are skills we value.
What we offer:
You will have great impact in setting up the future Safety-structure and being our Safety spokesperson.
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a fun, professional team with high ambitions. Together we want to create great environmental impact and we offer you to be part of a very rewarding, challenging, and exciting journey.
You will be given the freedom to shape your future career. You will be part of a company who values wellbeing and focuses on enabling talent growth.
We are looking forward to hear from you and to understand how you can contribute to our success.