Director DRI ConstructionAnnons: 25326764
Yrke: Civilingenjör, kvalitet, metallurgi
Arbetsgivare: H2GS AB
Arbetets ort: Boden, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2021-12-31
KvalifikationerArbetslivserfarenhet: Civilingenjör, kvalitet, metallurgi
Steel production accounts for 25% of Europe’s industrial CO2 emissions, which is more than the Nordics’ total CO2 emissions, or more than all flights departing from the EU. Decarbonisation is a must for the industry and disruptive technology will be a key enabler. With H2 Green Steel, we’re committed to accelerating change in the industry by eliminating virtually all CO2 emissions from the steel making process.
H2 Green Steel will be a fully integrated, digitalised and automated greenfield steel plant. By bringing together raw materials, renewable energy, leading expertise, and artificial intelligence, we aim to bring emissions down to zero. That’s why we are planning to build a large-scale production site for green steel in collaboration with customers across multiple segments including automotive, commercial vehicle, white goods, furniture, and industrial equipment.
Do you want to contribute to create tremendous environmental impact on the society? If so, you can be our next talented employee. H2 Green Steel is a fast-growing start-up with an exciting journey ahead. We employ talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, please, come join us in this exciting journey.
Director DRI Construction
This role reports to the Chief Projects and Capital Officer and is primarily responsible for ensuring that the H2GS Boden site DRI Construction, and other assigned activities, are carried out in a timely manner, within budget, and with excellent quality. The DDRIC will develop and lead a team to coordinate with the engineering firms and manage construction firms assigned scope needed to construct the Boden project DRI Area, while also closely collaborating with the Process Equipment providers engineers and field technical teams. This role and associated team will work closely with the H2GS Technology and Contracting teams to advise on drawing and specification packages for field work, then provide field management, coordination, and quality assurance relating to time, cost, and quality of the construction work.
To be successful in this role, the candidate should possess prior leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, be a strategic problem-solver, demonstrate excellent communication skills with a strong ability to connect with internal and external stakeholders, and have a solid foundation in managing engineering and field activities for a DRI Plant
- Build a strong team to advise on the engineering and manage field construction activities assigned to the group
- Provide leadership and guidance on developing the construction strategy and concepts for the field work
- Manage field work quality to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specifications, and process equipment operating targets.
- Advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Managing the development and implementation of Field Technical Services team consisting of H2GS, Process Equipment Vendor, and 3rd party personnel.
- Manage ongoing field QA to ensure quality installation work.
- Develop or select field standards and procedures to ensure that quality requirements are met and consistent.
- Preparing and optimizing budgets.
- Deliver field work on time, on budget, and with excellent quality.
- Making a safe work environment a priority
- Very strong ability to cooperate, collaborate, and work effectively in a complex multi-team environment with sometimes competing views and overlapping responsibilities.
- Strong organizational leadership skills
- Ability to recruit and build a strong team
- Substantial previous working experience in major capital projects in the metals industry, with an emphasis on DRI facilities.
- Experience in project planning, execution (including construction realities), management, and communication with all stakeholders in large successful DRI Projects
- Extensive experience in working with construction engineers and field contractors on large DRI Projects
- Must be knowledgeable about industry best practices and change management.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal and external entities.
- Strong management and interpersonal/communication skills.
- Approx. 10 years of recent experience managing engineering and construction activities in DRI Projects
- Strong experience related to new DRI facility turnover activities such as inspection, testing, safety checks, and final operational verification.
- Experience with successfully managing construction and cross functional activities in a complex and fast-track major mini-mill project including DRI and other steel-making or input processes.
What we offer:
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a fun, professional team with high ambitions. Together we want to create great environmental impact and we offer you to be part of a very rewarding, challenging, and exciting journey.
You will be given the freedom to shape your future career.
You will be part of a company who values wellbeing and focuses on enabling talent growth.
We are looking forward to hear from you and to understand how you can contribute to our success.