VP General Construction - Steel Plant [OBS denna annons har utgått]Annons: 25535470
Yrke: Civilingenjör, byggnadskonstruktion
Arbetsgivare: H2GS AB
Arbetets ort: Boden, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2022-02-17
H2 Green Steel is here to accelerate the greatest single technological shift that the global steel industry has ever seen. With the enabling from green hydrogen, and a transformation of the entire value chain, the industry now has a historic opportunity to enable the global climate transition.
VP General Construction
The VP General Construction reports to the Chief Projects and Capital Officer and is primarily responsible for ensuring that the H2GS Boden site General Construction Steel Plant activities are carried out in a timely manner, within budget, and with excellent quality. The VP GCSP will develop and lead a team to coordinate with the engineering firms and manage construction firms assigned scope needed to construct the Boden project Steel Plant, while also closely collaborating with the Process Equipment providers engineers and field technical teams. This role and associated team will work closely with the H2GS Contracting team to advise on drawing and specification packages for field work, then provide field management, coordination, and quality assurance relating to time, cost, and quality of the construction work.
- Build a strong team to advise on the engineering and manage field construction activities assigned to the group.
- Provide leadership and guidance on developing the construction strategy and concepts for the field work.
- Manage field work quality to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specifications, and process equipment operating targets.
- Advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Managing the development and implementation of Field Technical Services team consisting of H2GS, Process Equipment Vendor, and 3rd party personnel.
- Manage ongoing field QA to ensure quality installation work.
- Develop or select field standards and procedures to ensure that quality requirements are met and consistent.
- Preparing and optimizing budgets.
- Deliver field work on time, on budget, and with excellent quality.
- Making a safe work environment a priority
- Substantial previous working experience in major capital projects in the metals industry, with an emphasis on mini-mill facilities including Electric Arc Furnaces, close coupled continuous casting and hot rolling, high technology and accuracy cold finishing and coating process lines, for steel strip products.
- Experience in project planning, execution (including construction realities), management, and communication with all stakeholders in large successful mini-mill projects.
- Extensive experience in working with construction engineers and field contractors on large mini-mill steel plants.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry best practices and change management.
- Approx. 10 years of recent experience managing engineering and construction activities in mini-mill steel plants.
- Strong experience related to new steel facility turnover activities such as inspection, testing, safety checks, and final operational verification.
- Experience with successfully managing construction and cross functional activities in a complex and fast-track major mini-mill capital project.
- Ability to recruit and build a strong team.
- Strong management and interpersonal/communication skills.
- Very strong ability to cooperate, collaborate, and work effectively in a complex multi-team environment with sometimes competing views and overlapping responsibilities.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal and external entities.
What we offer:
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a fun, professional team with high ambitions. Together we want to create great environmental impact and we offer you to be part of a very rewarding, challenging, and exciting journey.
You will be given the freedom to shape your future career and be part of a company who values wellbeing and focuses on enabling talent growth.
We are looking forward to hear from you and to understand how you can contribute to our success.
H2 Green Steel is a green impact company on a journey to cut CO2 emissions down to zero.
To do this, we need to break new ground. By combining leading expertise and new technology with clean energy, we are on a path to take global leadership within green hydrogen, enabling us to transform steelmaking and other sectors. Changing an industry is not a small task, but we know it’s possible, and necessary, for our customers, society, and our planet.
Things are moving fast, and we are accelerating. At the beginning of 2020, we announced our plans to make the steel industry fossil-free, and in 2022 we will start construction of our first plant. We want to build diverse, dynamic and driven teams. We look for ambitious individuals from all disciplines, sharing our vision of cutting CO2 emissions down to zero. As a team, we innovate, collaborate, and enjoy the ride.