Test Bench MechanicAnnons: 26069927
Arbetsgivare: Isar Aerospace Sweden AB
Arbetets ort: Kiruna, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2022-08-31
KvalifikationerSpråk: Svenska; Engelska
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better, and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratize space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the center of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- You will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The primary purpose of the role is to support our Test and Propulsion engineers in conducting their test campaigns on our liquid rocket engine, prototypes, and subsystems.
More specifically, you will:
- Take on responsibility of maintaining a clear structure in our workshop and storage facilities
- Keep the workshop up to date with tooling and keep our machines functional through different service checks
- Build, repair and upgrade our rocket engine test facility
- Support our rocket engine test campaigns by preparing test articles and test bench in collaboration with Test and Propulsion engineers
- Take over the maintenance of high pressure (up to 300 bar) and cryogenic (down to -196°C) piping systems
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- Successfully completed apprenticeship or training or work experience as technician in metal or similar
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English. German is highly preferred
- Experience in use of Swagelok fittings / Flange connections
- Experience in welding, preferably TIG or similar
- Experience in pipe fitting through trade school or previous work
- License aircraft mechanical background
- Experience in reading drawings and consequently work planning based on our drawings