Senior Strategic Mine Planner [OBS denna annons har utgått]Annons: 26112604
Yrke: Civilingenjör, produktion, gruv, metallurgi
Arbetsgivare: Poolia Umeå AB
Arbetets ort: Kiruna, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2022-06-18
KvalifikationerArbetslivserfarenhet: Civilingenjör, produktion, gruv, metallurgi
Kaunis Iron is developing the world’s most sustainable iron ore and we are on the lookout for a Senior Strategic Mine Planner. You will play a key role in the next stage of the Company, an exciting time when we are opening two new mines.
We refine more than minerals, we also refine talent. We dare to say that we are different. We are the mine of the new generation with a focus on every aspect of sustainability – environment, economy, community and the individual. We have an engaged team who share our values, a team who together are blazing their own trails and writing their own story - a team where engagement, curiosity and respect are at the heart of everything we do.
About the position
Discover your purpose in the Arctic Circle. Join us in Swedish Lapland to be part of something bigger -to be part of the green industrial generation! www.kaunisiron.se
Kaunis Iron is located in Norrland, a region in northern Sweden that is bustling with innovative energy and companies focused on decarbonising the steel industry. Northern Sweden is a place like no other in the world. It is an area with endless forests, lakes and large open spaces. A place with endless summer nights and countless outdoor activities and winter days when everything is covered in snow .
As a Strategic Mining Planner, you will work in a team with responsibility for the Company's long-term planning and play a key role in our work to develop mining alternatives for a long-term Life of Mine Plan. You will also work with quality assurance regarding the data and calculations that form the basis for our mineral reserve and associated reporting according to PERC.
An important part of the job will be to support, involve and share knowledge with your colleagues. As the responsible Strategic Mining Planner, you will lead the group in the department that works with mining planning and have the overall responsibility for all planning, both long-term and short-term, as well as drilling and blasting planning. The position is a key position for Kaunis Iron's future development and strategic work and involves close collaboration with the Company's leadership team.
We are looking for you
• with a university degree as a mining or rock engineer,
• with the ability to manage Microsoft Office programs, Deswik or other mining planning software and other CAD programs, as well as Leapfrog,.
• with experience of long-term mine planning, open pit optimization and open pit design. It is an advantage to have additional experience in structural geology and / or block modelling,
• who have at least 5 years of experience within the mining industry.
• that speak English and/or Swedish (and if you speek Finnish it´s a merit).
To succeed in this role, you will need to
• have good leadership qualities, be goal-oriented and driven and have excellent communication skills,
• be meticulous, interested in production issues and energetic,
• be analytical, well aware of goals and quality standards and attach great importance in achieving these. You can manage complex issues well by analysing and solving complex problems,
• take responsibility for your tasks and structure, plan, involve and share your skills.
• be communicative and express yourself well in English, both in speech and writing
• be grounded and calm in stressful situations and maintain a realistic perspective while focusing on the right things.
About the organisation
Kaunis Iron is a new and modern mining company in Pajala, Swedish Lapland. We run open pits and mine iron ore which is processed and sold to the world market. Our unique iron ore concentrate with its quality and environmental benefits is in great demand among the world's steel mills. Thanks to sustainable production, a strong culture, a skilled business and world-class facilities, Kaunis Iron takes a position as an innovative upstart in the global market.
Kaunis Iron is a workplace of gender equality but also equality in general, where diversity is a strength and new thinking drives development.
Please apply by registering your CV here on our website. Click on the "Ansök" button to the right. It is our recommendation that you register as much information as possible and that you attach a complete CV-document. Please check that your correct e-mail address is registered.
Poolia is a registered staffing agency, meaning that we comply with the requirements set by Kompetensföretagen - the Swedish Association of Staffing Agencies.