Area HSE ManagerAnnons: 26744362
Arbetsgivare: H2 Green Steel
Arbetets ort: Boden, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2023-04-21
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning - our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core - for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Area HSE Manager
The Area HSE Manager reports to the overall HSE Manager and has a very important role to ensure a safe work environment for all our employees at the H2GS Boden project construction site. The Area HSE Manager will enforce safety regulations and policies and work closely with all our employees at site to create a culture that prioritizes health, safety and work environment.
The H2GS Project consists of:
- 760 MW H2 production facility consisting of several types of hydrogen production technologies
- 2.1MM MT DRI Production Facility
- 2.5MM MT Steelmaking and CSP Facility
- Various Cold Finishing Facilities
- Plant Power Distribution Grid
- Plant Infrastructure and Water Systems
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and work environmental legislation and monitor compliance to policies and laws.
- Design, develop, implement, communicate and coordinate all health, safety and work environment procedures, policies and regulations.
- Identify safety related gaps, perform risk analyses and work with the project leadership to develop and execute action plans when needed.
- Train all the employees on proper safety procedures and use preventive education to ensure that everyone understand policies and regulations.
- Making a safe work environment a priority.
- 5+ years of working experience in health, safety and work environment in Sweden and good working knowledge of Swedish health and safety legislation.
- Substantial working experience in major capital projects under construction, preferably with construction of steel, oil & gas or other heavy industry facilities.
- Excellent English skills, both written and oral.
- Flexible and structured, with a genuine interest in people.
- Advanced ability to influence and communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal and external entities.
- Very strong ability to cooperate, collaborate, and work effectively in a complex multi-team environment with sometimes competing views and overlapping responsibilities.
What we can offer you
If you are looking to make actual change and have a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers you a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will have the chance to shape your future career with a company that focuses on enabling talent growth as it is clear it is tied to our own growth and success as a company.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role - or for another upcoming role in our growing team.