Senior Manager Project Planning - ConstructionAnnons: 26825732
Yrke: Projektledare, bygg och anläggning
Arbetsgivare: H2 Green Steel
Arbetets ort: Boden, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2023-05-11
KvalifikationerArbetslivserfarenhet: Projektledare, bygg och anläggning
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning - our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core - for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Senior Manager Project Planning
The Senior Manager Project Planning reports to the Director of Project Controls and is primarily responsible for ensuring the H2GS Boden Project schedule is established and maintained, including the application of Planning functionality, forecast bi-weekly updates, and monitoring and reporting on the progress across various contractors, phases and overall.
The H2GS Project consists of:
- 760 MW H2 production facility consisting of several types of hydrogen production technologies
- 2.1MM MT DRI Production Facility
- 2.5MM MT Steelmaking and CSP Facility
- Various Cold Finishing Facilities
- Plant Power Distribution Grid
- Plant Infrastructure and Water Systems
- Supervision, planning department, planning and forecasting in alignment of project objectives. Providing leadership in the selection, appraisal coaching, mentoring, training, and assistance in resolution of problems.
- Coordinates interface between Planning and stakeholders to develop, set up, monitor and control the Master schedule, reporting and forecasts.
- Ensure the application of skills and methods to manage and control the Project Master Schedule and Progress Reporting.
- Interface with stakeholders, including engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning, to prepare written planning analysis and reports on timely and accurate forecast of project schedule status and progress monthly.
- Preparation and update of Project Controls sections of the PEP, including WBS, CBS, Risk management, contingency management, reporting, project reports, etc.
- Coordinates with Area Managers on Schedule and Risk Review meetings monthly. Interface with the Project Director and Area Managers to prepare monthly internal reports. Prepares and assisting the Project Director in the development and delivery of written/oral presentations to stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a Quality Management System, control, and auditing.
- Fully conversant with the terms and can apply planning engineering practices contained in AACE and PMI standard practices. Sound understanding of project delivery phases and activities performed during project phase as detailed in the Planning Management procedures and guidelines.
- At least 15+ years of experience with strong supervisory experience working on major projects with EPCM contracting approach.
- Highly skilled in interrelationship between all project phases and understands the project scope and commercial conditions and deal with contractual and claims issues. Full understanding of cross-functional interfaces with engineering, procurement - materials and various purchase orders, contracts, construction, safety, quality, finance/accounting, planning and document control.
- Keep abreast of the ongoing work of the project to discern adverse trends, potential problem areas, opportunities and participate in their proactive management.
- Working experience with planning software; and do analysis on schedule scenarios. Implement effective progress reporting in accordance with guideline.
- Skilled knowledge of value management techniques and proven ability to oversee major project planning development and reviews.
- Capable of developing and maintaining project schedules, and schedule management plans which identify all project interfaces.
- Superior organizational, analytical and leadership skills and ability to influence.
- Strong work ethic and willing to take on additional tasks and objectives that goes beyond Project Controls work-scope.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with all colleagues, both inside and outside the project team.
- Ability to work well as an integral part of a large project team that includes various high-priority stakeholders, engineering disciplines, construction management team, EPCMs and 3rd party suppliers.
- Proven methodology development skills, curriculum development and review skills, as well as presentation and facilitation skills.
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role - or for another upcoming role in our growing team.