Head of CasterAnnons: 27176721
Yrke: Produktionsingenjör, gjuteri
Arbetsgivare: H2 Green Steel
Arbetets ort: Boden, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2023-08-06
KvalifikationerArbetslivserfarenhet: Produktionsingenjör, gjuteri
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning - our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core - for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Head of Caster
We are looking for an experienced Head of Caster to be responsible for the safe and productive operation of the continuous caster and vacuum tank degasser of our greenfield green steel plant in Boden. In order to be successful in this role, you must understand mini-mill chemistry, be a quasi-metallurgist with experience troubleshooting, setting up processes, start-up training and experience working with thin strip, high strength casting.
Additional responsibilities include budgeting, training and continuous improvement.
- Review, analyze and evaluate business procedures on LMF and CCM
- Lead coordination and integration efforts together with operations, engineering and technology divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes
- Develop, configure and optimize industrial processes from raw material analysis to final product results and tracking process stability
- Ensure strict adherence to safety practices
- Hiring and people management
- Manage process improvement and development activities
- Define, monitor and optimize operational targets, practices and costs
- Responsible for reduction of breakout occurrences through detection optimization
- Continuous improvement in metallurgical quality of material cast
- At least 10 years’ experience of relevant industry experience, ideally building, commissioning and operating high power EAF for flat sheet mills
- Degree: M.Sc. (ideally in any of the following: metallurgical engineering, metallurgy & process modelling, metallurgy & materials engineering, materials science, mechanical or electrical engineering)
- Ideally, new mill installation and commissioning experience from start-up operations, alternatively from greenfield/brownfield revamps
- Experience with mini mill chemistry, thin strip/high strength casting
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role - or for another upcoming role in our growing team.