CTO (Chief Technology Officer)Yrke: Utvecklingschef
Arbetsgivare: porkchop AB
Arbetets ort: Kiruna, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2021-05-07
About porkchop AB
porkchop is a Swedish startup currently designing and producing world-class propulsion systems for a type of nanosatellite known as PocketQubes. PocketQubes are the 5 cm-younger brother to CubeSats, and their popularity is rapidly growing. Our first product, porkchop X, will be flying in orbit later this year.
The founding team comes from three different continents, with the average age being 25. Our mantra is work hard, have fun, celebrate the small victories. porkchop is not a place for those who are looking for a standard 9-5. It’s a place for those who have an uncontrollable urge to explore the universe and create amazing technologies. We’re looking for an energetic, hard-working, and innovative person to join us.
Sound like you? Keep reading.
About the job:
porkchop is looking for a CTO to help develop our next generation of products and services. Our vision is a world where it’s possible for any person or cargo to be transported to anywhere in the universe - we’re working on just that.
We’re currently developing a reusable transportation platform to allow nanosatellites to be deployed into exotic orbits, which they currently cannot reach - all while reusing the platform numerous times to significantly cut down costs and enable quicker deployment of constellations.
Your responsibilities will include leading all technology-related research and development, including thruster technologies, autonomous systems, and overall sub-systems design. You will work with the founding team to implement the best possible technological solution for porkchop’s customers, and adding exciting, futuristic technologies into the development pipeline.
This job is an adventure. Every day will be different - the only constant thing is that you’ll never be bored. You will be compensated with a combination of salary and equity in the company.
- A vision for the future, a passion for space, and great products. You should be proud to put your name on all your work.
- 5+ years industry experience working with small or nanosatellites.
- Experience in autonomous systems for spacecraft.
- Have worked on a satellite throughout its entire lifecycle.
- Proof that you can innovate (example: major contributions you’ve made to previous companies/organisations)
- Willingness to relocate to Sweden by the end of 2021 (if currently living outside Sweden)
- Fluency in English.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working at a startup.
- Master’s Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Computer, or Electronic Engineering (or similar).
- Experience working as a systems engineer.
- Experience working with a satellite during the operations phase.
- Experience in at least one of: MATLAB, Python, C, C++
- Portfolio of projects/contributions (example: GitHub, Thingiverse, etc.)
- Residence permit to work within the EU.
- Good level of Swedish.