Mining Engineer – Surveyor EngineerYrke: Civilingenjör, produktion, gruv, metallurgi
Arbetsgivare: LKAB Svappavaara
Arbetets ort: Kiruna, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2021-08-15
KvalifikationerArbetslivserfarenhet: Civilingenjör, produktion, gruv, metallurgi
About the company
LKAB is an international and high-tech mining and minerals group that mines and upgrades the unique iron ore of northern Sweden for the global steel market. Sustainability is core to our business and our ambition is to be one of the industry’s most innovative, resource-efficient and responsible companies. The group had sales of about SEK 31 billion in 2019 and employs about 4,300 people in 12 countries. Other group business includes industrial minerals, drilling systems, rail transport, rockwork services and property management.
LKAB’s open pit mining operations are in Svappavaara, 45km south-east of Kiruna. The Svappavaara Mine Planning Section is responsible for expanding, consolidating and utilizing the iron-ore reserves of the Svappavaara field, today LKAB’s most expansive area. We are a multi-disciplinary team of mine geologists, rock mechanics, mine planners and surveyors. We are small, friendly team with highly engaged and knowledgeable staff, all working towards the goal of a safe and sustainable mining operation.
About the position
We are searching for a motivated professional to join an integrated team of mining engineers and mining surveyors’ engineers.
As a mining engineer and/or surveyor engineer you will be responsible and exposed to a mining open pit surveying using the latest technologies. Mine equipment and dispatch administration system survey data and design, daily and monthly updates. Also, an involvement in the drill and blast design integrated process at our open pit mine operations.
We are searching for someone who is:
Tertiary or postgraduate degree in a suitable discipline such as mining engineering or and surveying engineering.
• Experience in mining engineering or and surveying engineering.
• Strong computer and mining systems literacy including: experience in the application of mining engineering CAD software and data management, applied to open pit mines. Familiarity and/or experience with surveying engineering tools such as Global Positioning System GPS; Use of Drone survey to capture aerial data; and use of laser scanners.
• A demonstrable ability to plan and manage field work and collect survey data in a safe and systematic manner.
• Capable of building and maintaining positive relationships including an ability to work safely and collaboratively with a range of people in the mine operation.
• Ability to communicate information at different levels within the mine operation organisation.
• Ability to collate and analyse data to understand the problems.
• Strong interpersonal, communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Self-motivated and open to work in a multicultural team.
What we’re offering
An opportunity in a high-tech, international mining and minerals group with large-scale operations in a global market. As an employee of LKAB you partake in the company’s reward system and other benefits such as educational assistance through our scholarships, the company health plan, dental care package and personal development plans and leisure activities with access to both gym and training facilities, arts groups, mountain cabins and much more. While also participating in the Swedish pensions and welfare system in the unique and wonderful landscape that is Norrbotten in Sweden.
Form of employment: Permanent
You are welcome to submit your CV and cover letter before the application deadline of 2021-08-15. For more information regarding the position please contact the Group Manager Manuel Astorga +46101445308, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to the recruitment process, LKAB has taken a position on recruitment channels and marketing. We therefore strongly refrain from contacting media salesmen, recruitment sites and the like.
Unionen Norra - Sakari Alanko, 0980-72508
Akademikerföreningen Kiruna/Svappavaara - Björn Åström, 0980-72903
Ledarna Kiruna/Svappavaara - Ingegerd Kyrö, 0980-71050