Electrochemist Engineer [OBS denna annons har utgått]Yrke: Kemiingenjör
Arbetsgivare: Talga AB
Arbetets ort: Luleå, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2021-10-15
An invitation to help build the future as an Electrochemist Engineer.
The future is green, and we’re moving there fast.
Talga is enabling this transition by establishing a sustainable, vertically integrated European source of advanced materials and battery anode for the burgeoning lithium-ion battery industry. With ownership of the world’s highest grade natural graphite deposits, access to clean Nordic renewable energy, and streamlined production processes, Talga is uniquely positioned to become a key player in the growing green economy.
With operations in northern Sweden; R&D and sales in the UK; processing and distribution in Germany; and our corporate office in Western Australia, Talga is truly a global company.
Is to contribute to the development of next generation battery materials development.
- Manage the Electrochemistry laboratory in Sweden for battery material characterization.
- Preparing documentations and set up the laboratory facilities.
- Implementing SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for quality accredited laboratory (i.e. ISO 9001/ISO17025).
- Performing the daily based lithium-ion cell manufacturing and electrochemical testing.
- Produce high quality scientific reports.
- Communicate with external partner, clients, Universities, and Institutes for analysis in Europe.
- Present at public conferences and publish scientific papers.
- Analyse battery samples from various sources.
- Use electrochemical techniques, such as galvanostatic charge/discharge cycler, cyclic voltammetry, impedance spectroscopy.
- Interpret data and meet strict guidelines on documentation when recording data.
- Produce reports with scientific results.
- Advises on product development.
- Produce technical documentation for Lab accreditation.
- Work collaboratively in cross and multi-culture functional teams.
- Liaise with customers, staffs and suppliers.
- Be aware of, and keep up to date with, health and safety issues.
- Validate methods and equipment.
- Working with universities and European consortia for the industry battery development.
To be successful in the role you must have:
- At least 5 years of industrial experience after completion of your education (Master degree) in equivalent role in electrochemistry laboratory for a lithium-ion cell company.
- Have practical experience with galvanostatic charge/discharge cycler, cyclic voltammetry, impedance spectroscopy.
- Have practical experience and good skills in laboratory electrode and coin/pouch cell fabrication.
- Good understanding on electrochemistry and lithium-ion batteries.
- Strong computer literacy skills with knowledge of MS applications.
As a person you have:
- Self-confidence and motivation to investigate and solve complex problems.
- The ability to prioritise and schedule work to meet demands set by the department, company or external customer.
- Presentation skills and the ability to convey technical information to non-technical people.
- A good standard of numeracy and skills in data analysis.
- IT and technology skills to work with advanced techniques.
- Creativity and the ability to use initiative for independent work.
- Effective teamworking skills.
- A flexible and methodical approach to work.
- Outstanding English communication skills and ability to reporting both verbally and in writing your scientific work.
The position is full time and based in Luleå, Sweden.
We handle applications on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled during the application period, therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible.
Applications close on 15/10/2021.
For specific questions please reach out to: Claudio Capiglia at Claudio.email@example.com
A sustainable culture
At Talga, our culture is actively built and lived by all employees.
With us, you will have impact. We make decisions and take actions that have a strong positive effect. We act with intent and care to create products with a purpose for the companies that are defining the future.
You will be reliable. We are dependable and trusted to deliver on our commitments. We are steadfast to our promises, no matter what. We stick to our principles and remain true to our vision to deliver on our mission and goals.
You will have ingenuity. We employ an entrepreneurial spirit to find the better way. We apply original thinking to imagine the ideal outcome. We are resourceful to make the better way a reality.
You will work with transparency. We take full ownership of our operations and offer visibility into our processes as we scale and grow. We are answerable for our actions and have an obligation to pursue excellence in everything that we do.
You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanity serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, religion, nationality, ethnic background, disability, and age.
For more information about working at Talga, visit www.talgagroup.com