Groundworks Supervisor [OBS denna annons har utgått]Annons: 25552158
Yrke: Arbetsledare, anläggning
Arbetsgivare: H2GS AB
Arbetets ort: Boden, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2022-02-20
Steel production accounts for 25% of Europe’s industrial CO2 emissions, which is more than the Nordics’ total CO2 emissions, or more than all flights departing from the EU. Decarbonisation is a must for the industry and disruptive technology will be a key enabler. With H2 Green Steel, we’re committed to accelerating change in the industry by eliminating virtually all CO2 emissions from the steel making process.
H2 Green Steel will be a fully integrated, digitalised and automated greenfield steel plant. By bringing together raw materials, renewable energy, leading expertise, and artificial intelligence, we aim to bring emissions down to zero. That’s why we are planning to build a large-scale production site for green steel in collaboration with customers across multiple segments including automotive, commercial vehicle, white goods, furniture, and industrial equipment.
Do you want to contribute to create tremendous environmental impact on the society? If so, you can be our next talented employee. H2 Green Steel is a fast-growing start-up with an exciting journey ahead. We employ talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, please, come join us in this exciting journey.
The Site Supervisor will be responsible for supervising contractors to ensure safe working practices are adhered to and that safety incidences are reported and dealt with accordingly. An important part of the job will be to collaborate with other supervisors and block managers to ensure sufficient ground works to be able to execute the building of the factory. You will assist the contractor to ensure they are unhindered in their activities and report weekly progress to the block manager.
The person we are looking for is execution-orientated and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen.
- Supervising contractors to ensure safe working practices are adhered to and that safety incidences are reported and dealt with accordingly
- Support in the design process
- Work in collaboration with other construction supervisors to ensure coordination with parallel activities
- Ensure project schedule, reporting progress to the block manager
- Report changes to the block manager which could result in schedule delays or cost increases
- Ensure the required materials and equipment are available to the contractor
- Monitor contractor performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Perform site inspections to ensure quality requirements are being met. Provide feedback to the contractor in a constructive way
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree in Construction, Business, Management or Engineering preferable.
- 5+ years site experience managing construction contractors.
- A positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-workers
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience working on large fast-paced EPC projects preferable.
- Must have worked in multi-cultural environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- A good understanding of the importance of safe working practices and the willingness to intervene when they are not being adhered to.
- A clear understanding of the different interfaces on a construction site, and how best to leverage them to keep installation moving in accordance with the project schedule
- Methodical and structured way of working
- Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
- Passionate & purpose driven