Propulsion Test Engineer - Operations Kiruna, SwedenAnnons: 26069813
Arbetsgivare: Isar Aerospace Sweden AB
Arbetets ort: Kiruna, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2022-08-31
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- You will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The Propulsion Test Engineer will be part of a team that is performing development and verification tests on liquid rocket engines and their subsystems on a dedicated test bench. In addition, the person takes care of test preparation, maintenance and upgrades of the test bench. The involvement in the development of further test stands and launch pads is likely.
More specifically, you will:
- Plan and conduct rocket engine test campaigns together with propulsion development engineers
- Ensure safe operations by using and developing procedures and processes
- Take care of test preparations, troubleshooting, upgrades and maintenance of the test bench: both on paper and in reality
- Assist in designing and building test benches for propulsion development testing
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- Relevant engineering qualification/engineering bachelor’s or master’s degree in the fields of aerospace, mechanical engineering or similar
- Availability to work on flexible working hours
- Hands-on experience and willingness to perform manual tasks
- In-depth knowledge about rocket propulsion systems
- Capability to work under pressure and staying focused on multiple tasks at the same time
- Experience in hardware testing (preferably in the aerospace sector), particularly in test data acquisition, reduction and evaluation
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English
- Hands-on experience with fluid system and piping/tubing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Python
- Knowledge about metrology and error propagation
- Driving license B
- Forklift and crane driving license
- Fluency in Swedish