Head of Steel Process and TechnologyAnnons: 26620095
Yrke: Avdelningschef, smältverk
Arbetsgivare: H2 Green Steel
Arbetets ort: Boden, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2023-03-23
KvalifikationerArbetslivserfarenhet: Avdelningschef, smältverk
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning - our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core - for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Head of Process and Technology
We are looking for an experienced Head of Process and Technology to support steel operations for our greenfield green steel plant in Boden. You will be responsible for optimizing the steel mill, which requires a solid understanding of the complete steel making process, including the processing of iron ore into DRI, alloy scrap buys, scrap procurement and melt shop process models. In order to be successful in this position you must have significant industry experience, ideally having completed a successful greenfield start-up (or brownfield revamp), having worked with Electric Arc Furnaces (EAF) or Ladle Metallurgy Furnace (LMF) we expect you to be an industrious and autonomous thinker, capable of managing the day-to-day as well as plan for the long term. You will be responsible for the overall performance, including: safety performance, customer satisfaction, productivity, and financial and environmental performance.
- Provide supply chain recommendations and ultimate responsibility for scrap and alloy buys, value and use for production operations, yields and throughputs through plant
- Recommend adjustments for total cost, i.e. carbon footprint
- Support melt shop manager in developing business plans and budget
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and participate in the development and strategic plans for equipment, repairs, upgrades and capital projects
- Optimize operational practices to guarantee conditions of castability and chemical composition
- Define and monitor operational targets
- Ensure strict adherence to safety practices
- Knowledge of EAF metallurgy, casting, secondary metallurgy, downstream steel mill furnaces
- Degree: M.Sc./MBA/Ph.D. (ideally in any of the following: metallurgical engineering, metallurgy & process modelling, metallurgy & materials engineering, materials science, mechanical or electrical engineering)
- Experience buying raw materials
- Previous production manager experience (EAF, LF, CC/IC, AOD, VOD, scrap), responsible for hands on supervision in heavy manufacturing and continuous production process and starting it from scratch
- Business background, including budgeting, strategic planning, purchasing and finance would be helpful, ideally paired with an MBA
- Supply chain, logistics, costing and managing suppliers
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles required as well as demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role - or for another upcoming role in our growing team.