Mechanical Design EngineerAnnons: 27286341
Yrke: Utvecklingsingenjör, maskin
Arbetsgivare: SKF Sverige AB
Arbetets ort: Luleå, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2023-04-02
KvalifikationerArbetslivserfarenhet: Utvecklingsingenjör, maskin
Are you experienced in CAD tools? Do you enjoy working with complex problem-solving involving multiple technical domains? Are you a communicative team player?
Then you could be our next...
Mechanical Design Engineer
As a Mechanical Engineer, you are part of the team that develops SKF:s condition monitoring products. These products are key enablers for SKF to deliver ‘Rotation as a Service’ and support our other offerings around the rotating shaft. You will work together with other engineers to design and develop new products and maintain existing ones. You are responsible for designing all mechanical parts of our products, ensuring they meet application and industry-specific requirements.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Developing mechanical designs for our products and acting as the mechanical design lead; taking responsibility that the mechanical design is successful
- Acting as the technical interface between external mechanical designers and the SKF engineering team
- Assessing new mechanical designs for manufacturability, robustness, and compliance with SKF industrial design guidelines.
- Updating and maintaining product data in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems
- Collaborating with hardware engineers to ensure compatibility between the mechanical enclosure and electronic hardware
- Ensuring adherence to and improvement of the development team's way of working
- Travel may be required to support product development activities
We expect you to have/be
- University degree, preferably in mechanical engineering or related field
- Experience from using CAD tools, preferably Creo, to generate 2D and 3D drawings
- Fluency in English
- Valid work permit
It is also an advantage if you have experience with one or several of the following areas
- Industrial design
- Design for manufacturing
- Mechanical design using Creo
- Using Windchill PDMLink
- Design to meet high environmental robustness (IP rating, shock & vibration, temperature)
- Mechanical design for hazardous area products (ATEX, IECEx)
You will enjoy working here if you (are/have)
As a person, you like to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment with a focus on delivering high-quality products. You are a communicative team player that is driven by the interaction of team members as well as stakeholders. You have high integrity and the ability to build relationships with people on all kinds of levels in different organizations.
- A chance to be part of the full product lifecycle of our industry-leading condition monitoring products, from design and implementation to series manufacturing and maintenance.
- A healthy work-life balance with the possibility of doing some work from home/remotely.
- A competent team that will help out when things get tough.
- Being part of SKF’s bonus program
Some additional information for you
This position will be located in Luleå, Sweden
(it's a pre-requisite that you are currently living in/near Luleå or are willing to relocate)
You will report to Group Leader Firmware/Hardware who is located in Luleå, Sweden. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Anna Barkin Johansson, via Anna.Barkin.Johansson@skf.com (please note that we can't accept applications via email).
Unionen Luleå – Fredrik Sundquist +46 (0)31 337 2807, email@example.com
Is this you?
If the answer is yes, please submit your application with CV and cover letter (in English), no later than 2nd of April, 2023
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca 41,000.
Öppen för alla
Vi fokuserar på din kompetens, inte dina övriga förutsättningar. Vi är öppna för att anpassa rollen eller arbetsplatsen efter dina behov.