Senior Lecturer in Operation and Maintenance Engineering [OBS denna annons har utgått]Annons: 28207170
Yrke: Universitets- och högskolelektor
Arbetsgivare: Luleå tekniska universitet
Arbetets ort: Luleå, Norrbottens län
Senaste ansökningsdatum: 2023-11-30
KvalifikationerArbetslivserfarenhet: Universitets- och högskolelektor
Luleå University of Technology is in strong growth with world-leading competence in several research areas. We shape the future through innovative education and ground-breaking research results, and based on the Arctic region, we create global social benefit. Our scientific and artistic research and education are conducted in close collaboration with international, national and regional companies, public actors and leading universities. Luleå University of Technology has a total turnover of SEK 1.9 billion per year. We currently have 1,840 employees and 17,670 students.
In the coming years, multi-billion investments will be made in large projects in Northern Sweden to create a fossil-free society both nationally and globally. Luleå University of Technology is involved in several of these cutting-edge research projects and in the societal transformation that they entail. We offer a broad range of courses and study programmes to match the skills in demand. We hope that you will help us to build the sustainable companies and societies of the future.
The research subject Operation and Maintenance Engineering conducts research and education in operational safety, asset management and risk management. The subject's research team Industrial artificial intelligence (AI) & eMaintenance develops technologies, methodologies and tools based on emerging technologies, such as AI and digital technologies, for advanced analysis of complex technical systems.
The Division of Operation and Maintenance Engineering currently has about 40 employees, which in turn is part of the Department of Civil, Environmental and Natural Resources Engineering (SBN) with about 430 employees. To strengthen research activities and teacher competence in industrial AI, eMaintenance and cybersecurity, we are now looking for a senior lecturer.
Operation and Maintenance Engineering deals with the development of technologies to ensure high system dependability, effective maintenance processes, and life cycle management of engineering assets.
The work will include:
• Conduct research in Industrial AI and eMaintenance
• Implementation and participation in research projects in Industrial AI and eMaintenance
• Development and design of applications
• Work with in eMaintenance LAB
• Teaching, e.g. Industrial AI, eMaintenance and cybersecurity
• Work with in International Industrial AI and eMaintenance Congress and work-shop
• Publication and dissemination of scientific material
To be eligible for employment as a senior lecturer, the applicant must:
• A PhD in Operation and Maintenance Engineering or has equivalent scientific competence.
• Demonstrated teaching expertise
• Completed training in teaching and learning in higher education equivalent to 7.5 credits or acquired equivalent knowledge in some other way
• have actively engaged in research and development work that has attracted attention and recognition.
• Deep expertise in cyber security
• Good knowledge of software development
• Experience of knowledge transfer between university and industry.
• Experience of development in a cloud environment.
• Experience in developing asset management solutions using UNITY for various VR and AR devices integrated with cloud environment.
• Experience in developing different frameworks/models to provide cybersecurity in different industrial domains.
• Experience in developing different courses.
The following assessment criteria apply to this position:
• Scientific expertise
• Teaching expertise
• Expertise in industrial AI and eMaintenance
• Cyber Security Expertise
• Documented experience of designing research applications to different research funders
• Documented experience of teaching at university level and course development
Other assessment criteria:
• the degree of expertise required for qualification
• administrative proficiency that is of value in view of the subject matter and the duties included in the appointment
• the ability to collaborate with the wider community
• the ability to obtain external research and development funding
• the ability to communicate research and development work
• the ability to teach in Swedish and/or in English.
Most of the employees in the subject Operation and Maintenance Engineering are currently men, which is why we would like to see female applicants.
Full-time employment with placement in Luleå. Starting: Immediately ore according to agreement.
For further information about the position, please contact Professor Ramin Karim, 0920-49 23 44, firstname.lastname@example.org
SACO-S Kjell Johansson, (+46)920-49 15 29, email@example.com
OFR-S Lars Frisk, (+46)920-49 17 92, firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of different interpretations of the English and Swedish versions of this announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
We prefer that you apply for this position by clicking on the apply button below. The application should include a CV, personal letter and copies of verified diplomas from high school and universities. Mark your application with the reference number below. Your application, including diplomas, must be written in English or Swedish.
Reference number: 4688-2023
Closing date for applications: November 30th 2023